Wednesday, December 23, 2009

On the Plus side...

I was picking up my son from school day, standing outside with a bunch of other parents. A smallish mother walks up and stands between me and a muscled father, complaining about the unseasonably cold weather.

"Well," I say, "I guess that's one of the few good things about being over-weight... I'm never cold, I've got an extra layer!" I laugh heartily at my joke and they just smile awkwardly. Apparently my bragging about being fat makes them uncomfortable?

Gee, I'd hate to make a skinny person feel uncomfortable. I know how hard it is to be around a fat person in the first place. Thanks for tolerating my presence, I promise to be quiet now.

But the truth is I really am rarely cold. Often I am sweating when others are completely comfortable. So I guess it's sort of a nice change of pace to be at a nice temperature for me.

Big Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!