Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Gym (GULP)

The gym: Day one.

First of all, I am meeting a friend here to show me "the ropes" (seriously... there are no ropes, right?). She is about 30 years older than I am and weighs less than half as much, I am sure. At any rate, good tour, good work out. I especially enjoyed the way my legs push my stomach rolls the whole way up to my chin on the stationary bike. Sweet.

I also noticed a small warning on the bike that read: Weight Capacity: 250 pounds. Hm. Am I the only person who sees the irony in this? I sit down with images of nuts and bolts and spinning parts flying out beneath the pressure of my over-capacity body and beaning my well-meaning friend in the head. Yikes. Gingerly, I set my eight ounce water bottle on the floor, not wanting to "break the camel's back" as it were.

Did I mention this is a university gym? Yeah. My friend is a professor's wife and I am a "donor" to the school (slipped a 20 dollar bill in with my gym application, I did). So exactly what someone who is a little panicked about turning thirty and weighing 300 pounds needs is to be surrounded by sorority girls... in the gym. Nice. I go early... apparently sorority girls and frat guys sleep late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog!